Energetic tech person with wide area of skills.
HEATPORT is the #1 supplier of premium quality diesel heating systems for RVs, Marine and Off-grid use in New Zealand. We are looking for a new motivated team member.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT MUST HAVE
- Good communication skills in a technical manner.
- Background or qualification specifically in technical areas.
- Good time management skills and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to keep a tidy workplace.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and improvisation skills and creativity.
- Attention to detail.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime when required.
- Full NZ driving licence and own transport.
>>> This position could suit school leaver. We will train you and provide you with all the information necessary to excel in your position. <<<
- Experience in manufacturing would be advantageous.
- Overview or basic skills in electro engineering are benefit, but not mandatory.
AFTER THE TRAINING YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO
- Have a full understanding of diesel heating systems we sell and be oriented in all technical aspects of operation and installation of our products.
- Assemble our products, quality checking the individual components and assemblies and make comprehensive tests.
- Ensuring the required materials are available for production, and that the workshop is safe for all workers.
- Install our products into customers RVs on expert level (using wide range of hand and power tools).
- Manage the warehouse and inventory system, using a barcode scanner and performing general inventory operations.
- Understand the functionalities of our business applications and operate these systems.
- Manage our product database, write technical specifications etc.
- Represent our company and able to talk about about our products and services towards our customers via phone, e-mail and also face to face.
- Provide general sales tasks including quotes, invoicing and payment processing.
- Process online orders including picking/packing the products, booking couriers and recording the sales into our system.
- Provide customer service and support, and help with troubleshooting.
- Service the products, identify the issues and provide the diagnostic and repair solution.
- Provide technical assistance and find solutions for any general technical problems in the operation of the business.
- Learn new systems and be able to perform various small tasks not mentioned above that are involved in our operations.
- Be friendly, reliable, hard working and able to work on your own.
- Work in the rural part of Cheviot / North Canterbury.
- Great working environment with very small team of people excited about their work.
- Work from our warehouse located in beautiful rural Cheviot (Hurunui district) away from city.
- Possibility of the long holiday over the summer months (if required).
- Flexibility in your schedule.
- Possibility to help with basic accomodation.
- Full time employment.
- Possibility to grow your career and salary up to management position (if you are interested and have skills we require).
- Help with getting Work Visa or Resident Visa (we can discuss your options and help with your immigration status).
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
All successful applicants will be invited for an interview.